STATUS: Full Time (40 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
COMPENSATION: Salary range (annual, US. $) 38,000 – 42,000, with benefits.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Operations Manager reports to and works closely with the Executive Director. The position is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Community Media Center of Marin. These functions include the oversight of the facility/equipment, class scheduling, and reservations. The position will also supervise, schedule, and coordinate part-time staff/trainers who assist in operations, providing general user support and training services to the membership. The position may require occasional evening work during the operational hours of the center.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the public areas of the facility.
- Supervise, schedule and train part-time staff assistants/ interns.
- Oversee training curricula and schedule classes with part-time trainers.
- Oversee equipment reservation system and assist with inventory.
- Administer and maintain membership database necessary for reporting requirements.
- Provide direct training and assistance to users in media production.
- Assist with updating website utilizing Drupal open source content management system.
- Make recommendations on digital video hardware and software purchases.
- Help develop new curricula consistent with the mission of CMCM.
- Manage payment record for memberships, courses and petty cash. Provide monthly accounting breakdowns to ED.
- Collaborate with other senior staff in project/grant research and implementation.
- Facilitate monthly orientation for potential new members.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with community media programs or PEG center operations.
- Experience with community television production equipment including field production, video editing (FCP 7, X) and/or studio production.
- Experience using basic office software (spreadsheets, word processing).
- Experience with various communication platforms (mailchimp, list-serves, facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Experience using CiviCRM - open source constituent management system.
- Comfortable teaching or training others in technology related tasks.
- Can clearly communicate technical information to others, verbally and in writing.
- Flexible availability, including weekends and evenings.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree with three years of related experience in community media management, production and/or training.
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication and organization skills.
- Capable of occasional need to climb ladders, and lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team structure.
- Excellent problem solving abilities to independently resolve a variety of routine and complex issues.
- Project management skills, organizational skills, ability to multi-task and proven analytical skills to coordinate and manage projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment where multiple priorities need to be effectively managed.
The Community Media Center of Marin is a growing non-profit, providing residents of Marin County with access to communication technologies, media training, television facilities and cable channel space on a fair and equitable basis. CMCM administers Marin TV, three non-commercial cable channels (public, educational, and governmental), provides a Marin-centric video on-demand site, and streams all channel programming live. This is a great opportunity to help shape and redefine community media in an area with vibrant cultural activities and beautiful natural surroundings.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter and resume (with the subject line: Operations Manager Position) to positions[at]cmcm.tv
No phone calls please! We will only respond to those candidates we feel are most qualified.
CMCM is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.